Author Topic: There were error(s) during the copy operation  (Read 4154 times)

Offline sdergar

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
There were error(s) during the copy operation
« on: May 01, 2010, 05:19:37 AM »
Help.  I've been running into the error all the time now.  At first it was intermittent but now I cannot copy/move the selected photos to another folder that I create.  I will select, as an example, 4 pictures in my picture partition.  I apply IPTC Stationary to the selected.  I then select copy/move photos from the file menu drop down so that I can copy the selected photos to a folder I create on my desktop.  I used to do this all the time without errors.  Then I started getting intermittent errors as I mentioned and now I can't do it at all without getting the error stated in the subject of this post.  Thanks...

Steve

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: There were error(s) during the copy operation
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 06:23:25 AM »
Steve,

Help.  I've been running into the error all the time now.  At first it was intermittent but now I cannot copy/move the selected photos to another folder that I create.  I will select, as an example, 4 pictures in my picture partition.  I apply IPTC Stationary to the selected.  I then select copy/move photos from the file menu drop down so that I can copy the selected photos to a folder I create on my desktop.  I used to do this all the time without errors.  Then I started getting intermittent errors as I mentioned and now I can't do it at all without getting the error stated in the subject of this post.  Thanks...

What version of Photo Mechanic are you running?
What OS are you running?

If you're running version 4.6.2 - 4.6.3 then you should get the 4.6.4 beta available in the Announcements section of the forums and see if it solves your issue.

-Kirk

Offline sdergar

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 06:49:03 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Thanks for replying.  I'm running an iMac I7 processor with snow leopard and updated software.  PM version is 4.6.3.  I ran repair disk permissions and it seems to have fixed the issue for now.  However what is happening is the first time I run PM when I turn the computer on it seems to give me this error.

Steve

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 09:18:28 PM »
Steve,

Thanks for replying.  I'm running an iMac I7 processor with snow leopard and updated software.  PM version is 4.6.3.  I ran repair disk permissions and it seems to have fixed the issue for now.  However what is happening is the first time I run PM when I turn the computer on it seems to give me this error.

Please get the 4.6.4 beta available in the Announcements section of the forums and see if it solves your issue.

-Kirk