Author Topic: Saved Searches broken...  (Read 5062 times)

Offline webfrasse

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Saved Searches broken...
« on: June 02, 2010, 08:51:30 PM »
I just started using the saved Search feature, Save to Favorites. Same as Smart Folders / Collections etc in other tools.

Seems to be broken though. Filter by Filetype has no effect. At least not in combination with a any match on a keyword.

I also missing to be able to filter on Label and Ratings. To me these are the very top properties to filter on...

/Mikael

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Saved Searches broken...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 10:17:04 PM »
Mikael,

I just started using the saved Search feature, Save to Favorites. Same as Smart Folders / Collections etc in other tools.

Seems to be broken though. Filter by Filetype has no effect. At least not in combination with a any match on a keyword.

I also missing to be able to filter on Label and Ratings. To me these are the very top properties to filter on...

Spotlight does not index 5-star ratings or color labels.  Thus you cannot search on them.

As for your issue of filtering by File Type, where are you performing this filtering?

-Kirk

Offline webfrasse

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 10:18:08 PM »
Mikael,

Spotlight does not index 5-star ratings or color labels.  Thus you cannot search on them.

As for your issue of filtering by File Type, where are you performing this filtering?

-Kirk

Filter by type is in the same search dialog as I wanted to search on rating and label.

http://screencast.com/t/YjIwM2QxNT

So I guess iPhoto, LR and others store and index these fields themselves. I would not mind if PM added such an index database. Not as heavy as others with previews etc. etc. but just to be able to do a bit more advanced stuff. Totally in stealth mode though, kind of like Picasa does it. All you do there is to specify what root folders to monitor. How do you do it on Windows? Does Windows have something like Spotlight? To my knowledge it doesn't.

/Mikael

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 07:06:44 AM »
Mikael,

Filter by type is in the same search dialog as I wanted to search on rating and label.

http://screencast.com/t/YjIwM2QxNT

So I guess iPhoto, LR and others store and index these fields themselves. I would not mind if PM added such an index database. Not as heavy as others with previews etc. etc. but just to be able to do a bit more advanced stuff. Totally in stealth mode though, kind of like Picasa does it. All you do there is to specify what root folders to monitor. How do you do it on Windows? Does Windows have something like Spotlight? To my knowledge it doesn't.

Try entering JPEG instead of jpg.

We're busily working away on an industrial-strength cataloging solution and have been for some time now.  It should be more than adequate and won't by design be intrusive or get in your way when you don't want it.

On Windows, currently we offer no search capability whatsoever.

-Kirk

Offline webfrasse

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 09:01:03 AM »
JPEG results in nothing returned. There are only so many filetypes...how about a drop down?

/Mikael