Author Topic: Shooting tethered and IPTC Stationary Pad  (Read 2032 times)

Offline dsidaway

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Shooting tethered and IPTC Stationary Pad
« on: May 07, 2010, 11:29:19 AM »
Hi Kirk

I'm shooting tethered and applying the IPTC Stationary Pad to the files at the Live Ingest point. Between periods, I bring up the stationary pad and change the text in the description field to reflect the next upcoming period. (First period action has 1st period noted in the description... 2nd for the 2nd... etc.)
It seems that the IPTC Stationary Pad is loaded at the point when Live Ingest is started up but does not dynamically reflect any revisions to the IPTC Stationary pad while Live Ingest runs. I would prefer not to stop and restart the Live Ingest when changes are made to the IPTC Stationary Pad. Is there a way to allow the Live Ingest to apply an IPTC Stationary Pad that has had changes made to it while Live Ingest is running or am I doing something wrong?

Dave

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Shooting tethered and IPTC Stationary Pad
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 12:06:33 PM »
Dave,

I'm shooting tethered and applying the IPTC Stationary Pad to the files at the Live Ingest point. Between periods, I bring up the stationary pad and change the text in the description field to reflect the next upcoming period. (First period action has 1st period noted in the description... 2nd for the 2nd... etc.)
It seems that the IPTC Stationary Pad is loaded at the point when Live Ingest is started up but does not dynamically reflect any revisions to the IPTC Stationary pad while Live Ingest runs. I would prefer not to stop and restart the Live Ingest when changes are made to the IPTC Stationary Pad. Is there a way to allow the Live Ingest to apply an IPTC Stationary Pad that has had changes made to it while Live Ingest is running or am I doing something wrong?

You do indeed have to stop the Live Ingest in order to update settings of any kind.

-Kirk