Author Topic: Non deletion of files  (Read 1854 times)

Offline jonmcg

• View Profile
Non deletion of files
« on: May 09, 2010, 05:45:39 AM »
Windows 7.
For past 3 days have been deleting (sending to recycle bin) images from a lot of folders. Today something strange has happened after a reboot. I delete a file in PM, confirm move it to the recycle bin and PM thinks it has gone. In fact I can look at another folder and return to the folder and it thinks the file has been deleted. However as far as the OS is concerned it is still there. So far it has happened to last 2 folders I have culled. One folder has/had 1104 files in it but PM thinks there are only 254. There is 240GiB free space on drive. I can copy the 254 by using PM but if I copy with Windows I get all 1104. The recycle bin does not contain any of these files. I am now backing up folders and will then run chkdsk and see what happens. Anyone ever seen this before?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Non deletion of files
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 09:24:50 AM »
Windows 7.
For past 3 days have been deleting (sending to recycle bin) images from a lot of folders. Today something strange has happened after a reboot. I delete a file in PM, confirm move it to the recycle bin and PM thinks it has gone. In fact I can look at another folder and return to the folder and it thinks the file has been deleted. However as far as the OS is concerned it is still there. So far it has happened to last 2 folders I have culled. One folder has/had 1104 files in it but PM thinks there are only 254. There is 240GiB free space on drive. I can copy the 254 by using PM but if I copy with Windows I get all 1104. The recycle bin does not contain any of these files. I am now backing up folders and will then run chkdsk and see what happens. Anyone ever seen this before?

No.  Please post your PM version when posting in the Support forum.

PM calls an OS-supplied function to move files into the Recycle Bin.  Why it's not working for you is unknown to me.

-Kirk

Offline jonmcg

• View Profile
Re: Non deletion of files
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 09:46:57 AM »
Version 4.6.3
Chkdsk said no errors and after another reboot deletion in PM is working as expected.