Author Topic: Play videos in slide show mode  (Read 3413 times)

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
Play videos in slide show mode
« on: February 03, 2012, 09:44:15 AM »
As I begin to use video more this year, I would like a way to have the slide show that I run at my display table to also be able to pick up and play a video clip.  Two situations I can see this being valuable:

1) As I shoot equestrian events over a weekend, I periodically dump still images (and soon, raw video clips) into a "preview" folder that draws attention to my display and gets people to sign up for photos.  Having videos play would reinforce that I am adding video work (by sign-up only) in addition to the still work.

2) For some events that I am only displaying my work, I would like to have something like PM to point at a folder of maybe 30-40 Animoto mp4s that I have created for recent high school senior shoots and let PM randomly play them back-to-back-to-back on a big screen while I talk to customers or just let it play when I can't be there.

If there was a way I could render text at the bottom of the screen like we can today, that would allow me to put a message about the event independent of the video play.

Seems everyone is talking about adding video to the still work this year.  Would be nice to keep PM as the heart of the workflow.

Thanks

-Mike

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
Re: Play videos in slide show mode
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 08:17:07 AM »
Good idea, Mike!