Author Topic: Printing to a PDF Printer  (Read 3371 times)

Offline modernexpo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Printing to a PDF Printer
« on: January 12, 2010, 12:08:04 PM »
I can not figure out how to have Photo Mechanic print to a PDF. The PDF is my default printer and all my other software on my system prints to pdf just not photomechanic.
Please help I need to email clients a PDF right away. I have printed to PDF in past versions of Photo Mechanic.
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.2.1 and I run Windows 7 on a Quad Core PC
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 12:09:41 PM by modernexpo »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Printing to a PDF Printer
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 12:26:12 PM »
I can not figure out how to have Photo Mechanic print to a PDF. The PDF is my default printer and all my other software on my system prints to pdf just not photomechanic.
Please help I need to email clients a PDF right away. I have printed to PDF in past versions of Photo Mechanic.
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.2.1 and I run Windows 7 on a Quad Core PC

Photo Mechanic prints to the current default printer the first time you print and after that it remembers the printer you printed with.  To override this, change your default printer and then when you open up Page Setup in Photo Mechanic, hold down the Shift key until you see the dialog.  OK the dialog.  It should now print with your new default printer.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline keydet

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 11:49:42 AM »
I used this technique to change my defalut print option to PDF a while ago and now suddenly it has stopped working...that is, I print and nothing happens.  Following this procedure to reset the printer doesn't help.  Any ideas?

Offline keydet

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 12:13:18 PM »
Never mind - Adobe was the culprit.  When updating itself, it installed another copy of itself as a printer driver.