Author Topic: Digital Slide Mount - modification of the watermark feature  (Read 5344 times)

Offline adrianlambert

• View Profile
We currently provide finished images to clients with 8 metadata fields visible in an extended area at the bottom of the image, but the process isn't fully automated yet... sounds like a job for photomechanic! Previews have watermarks on the image as you'd expect.

Hence:
I'd like to see the watermark feature modified to allow the watermark to be written on an extended bit of image canvas at the bottom of the frame. Here's a link for a better understanding of the concept.
http://www.digitalphotographystandards.com/pages/slidemount.html

Ideally Photomechanic would extend the image canvas by about 10% at the bottom with a choice of colours, preferably neutral ones, then allow the user to place a watermark within the bounds of that extended area. It would need to wrap text and extend the canvas to allow people to insert lengthier fields such as captions, etc.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Digital Slide Mount - modification of the watermark feature
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 08:10:52 PM »
We currently provide finished images to clients with 8 metadata fields visible in an extended area at the bottom of the image, but the process isn't fully automated yet... sounds like a job for photomechanic! Previews have watermarks on the image as you'd expect.

Hence:
I'd like to see the watermark feature modified to allow the watermark to be written on an extended bit of image canvas at the bottom of the frame. Here's a link for a better understanding of the concept.
http://www.digitalphotographystandards.com/pages/slidemount.html

Ideally Photomechanic would extend the image canvas by about 10% at the bottom with a choice of colours, preferably neutral ones, then allow the user to place a watermark within the bounds of that extended area. It would need to wrap text and extend the canvas to allow people to insert lengthier fields such as captions, etc.

Others have requested a similar feature but they called it a text box.  I wanted to add it to version 4.6 but ran out of time.  Perhaps in the next version.

-Kirk

Offline riecks

• Beta Testers
  • Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 05:02:14 PM »
Kirk:

I'd love to see a feature like this implemented. I've written some actions to do this with Photoshop, but it's only boilerplate with no easy way to tap into anything like Photo Mechanic variables.

David

Offline heavymeister

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 05:51:17 AM »
Yes, Kirk this would be great if you could implement this feature in the next release. It has been requested in a couple of threads before. And just the past weekend I wished I had this feature available. I had to deal with people unfamiliar with IPTC and how to view it, so it would have been great to be able to automatically add a textbox with the content of the caption field. So I had to print PDF contact sheets with that info manually.

So I strongly support that feature request and its near future implemention. I would volunteer as a beta-tester.

HM

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 08:37:21 AM »
I think this text box would also be useful to show the picture technical details, like aperture, shutter speed, focal distance and iso, something we need to include in forums, blogs and so on.

-Luiz Muzzi