Author Topic: Folder Sort Order in Navigator / Favorites?  (Read 4493 times)

Offline ahg

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Folder Sort Order in Navigator / Favorites?
« on: May 15, 2010, 09:52:28 AM »
Just upgraded to PM 4.6.4. I'm not sure if this was a problem before than I didn't notice, or something new post update, but the sort order in the favorites panel and navigator seems to be random to me. (Must be based on something, but what I can't tell, and it's sure not alphabetical for me.)

Am I missing a setting somewhere or is there another explanation for this behavior? I generally have a few dozen folders, named by date, and not having them sort in alphabetical order is a hassle.

I'm running fully updated windows vista business 32.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Folder Sort Order in Navigator / Favorites?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 10:33:07 AM »
Just upgraded to PM 4.6.4. I'm not sure if this was a problem before than I didn't notice, or something new post update, but the sort order in the favorites panel and navigator seems to be random to me. (Must be based on something, but what I can't tell, and it's sure not alphabetical for me.)

Am I missing a setting somewhere or is there another explanation for this behavior? I generally have a few dozen folders, named by date, and not having them sort in alphabetical order is a hassle.

I'm running fully updated windows vista business 32.

There were no changes to the Navigator or Favorites in version 4.6.4.  Sort in the Navigator is alphabetical, though it is not sensitive to numerical values so for instance it sorts like so:

z1
z10
z100
z101
z102
z11
z12
z13

The Favorites should list items in the order that you arranged them.

-Kirk

Offline ahg

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 05:31:20 PM »
Hmmm. Navigator seems to be working as described. But if I put a folder in favorite with subfolders in it, and hit the plus sign, the subfolders are listed in some random-looking order. (Same folder ("2010") in navigator has sub-folder arranged alphabetically, which works fine for me.)

Is favorite not meant for such use (folder with subfolders) or am I missing something else?

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 05:53:47 PM »
Strange...it does not happen with me. The subfolders in the folder I add to Favorites are arranged alphabetically.

-Luiz Muzzi

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 06:06:23 PM »
Hmmm. Navigator seems to be working as described. But if I put a folder in favorite with subfolders in it, and hit the plus sign, the subfolders are listed in some random-looking order. (Same folder ("2010") in navigator has sub-folder arranged alphabetically, which works fine for me.)

Is favorite not meant for such use (folder with subfolders) or am I missing something else?

Perhaps if you were to list a sample of your folder names I could figure out what is going wrong.  You can post a screen shot in JPEG format if you like.  Use the 'Additional Options...' link while you're composing your response and you can upload a screen shot there.

-Kirk