Author Topic: Image file association  (Read 3154 times)

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
Image file association
« on: May 18, 2010, 07:37:18 AM »
Hi,
Is it possible to associate all image files in my Mac to PM, so that when I double-click any of them in Finder, it will open in PM? How can I do that?
TIA

-Luiz Muzzi

Photo Mechanic 4.6.4
Macbook with Snow Leopard

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Image file association
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 09:09:33 AM »
Luiz,

Is it possible to associate all image files in my Mac to PM, so that when I double-click any of them in Finder, it will open in PM? How can I do that?

Yes.  Select a file type of your choosing in the Finder.  Use the Finder's Get Info command on the File menu.  There is a section in the middle area of the Get Info menu that lets you choose what the file will be opened with.  There is a popup menu that lists all of the applications on your system.  Choose Photo Mechanic.  Then click on the 'Change All...' button.

That should do it.

You might also consider installing the 'Browse with Photo Mechanic' extra which you can find in the 'Extras' folder in the installer disk image.  That will allow you to right click on folders or selected files and choose Browse with Photo Mechanic from the contextual menu.

-Kirk

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 06:07:09 PM »
Kirk,
Thanks for your help.
I did install the extra and it is working pretty fine. That will definetely do...
It seems that the option 'Open with...' in Finder (even with 'always' marked) is sometimes overruled when another application is upgraded (like DPP for instance).

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 06:10:43 PM »
Luiz,

I did install the extra and it is working pretty fine. That will definetely do...
It seems that the option 'Open with...' in Finder (even with 'always' marked) is sometimes overruled when another application is upgraded (like DPP for instance).

That's unfortunate.  Well, you can always reset it to your preferences again when you need to.

-Kirk