Author Topic: Live Folder Watching  (Read 8486 times)

Offline Steve F

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Live Folder Watching
« on: May 17, 2010, 12:38:20 PM »
I have been using PM to quasi folder watch when shooting tethered for the past year and after using Lightroom's folder watching abilities recently I thought that it was about time that I got PM to do it automatically using Live Ingest.My attempts to do so have been fruitless so perhaps there is someone out there who could walk me through the procedure.I use Nikon Camera Control for tethering-Steve F

Offline Steve F

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Live Folder Watching
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 12:42:53 PM »
I forgot to add that I am importing Raw files-does PM support the ingestion of Raw files using Live Ingest folder watching ?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 12:49:07 PM »
I have been using PM to quasi folder watch when shooting tethered for the past year and after using Lightroom's folder watching abilities recently I thought that it was about time that I got PM to do it automatically using Live Ingest.My attempts to do so have been fruitless so perhaps there is someone out there who could walk me through the procedure.I use Nikon Camera Control for tethering-Steve F

PM 4.6.3 and higher do.  Earlier versions do not recognize RAW files.  What version are you using?

-Kirk

Offline Steve F

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 07:11:39 PM »
Version 4.6.4

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 07:13:37 PM »
Steve,

Version 4.6.4

Is your camera producing files in the folder that you have Live Ingest watching?

-Kirk

Offline Steve F

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 07:03:52 AM »
My question is how do I set up the PM folders to enable live ingest of tethered images ? To date I have found this confusing and need a step by step setup process to enable me to accomplish this.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 09:12:27 AM »
My question is how do I set up the PM folders to enable live ingest of tethered images ? To date I have found this confusing and need a step by step setup process to enable me to accomplish this.

Page 74 of the manual explains the Live Ingest function.  Have you read the manual?  You can get the user manual here:

http://www.camerabits.com/site/downloads.html

-Kirk

Offline Steve F

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 11:55:22 AM »
Yes I have on both counts but I keep getting a source path error message.i am unable to understand what to do next as I have followed the initial set up instructions to the best of my ability.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 01:08:54 PM »
Yes I have on both counts but I keep getting a source path error message.i am unable to understand what to do next as I have followed the initial set up instructions to the best of my ability.

Contact me with a personal message and give me your phone number.  I'll call you and help you get it set up.  Just click on my name to the left of this message and click on the 'personal message' link.

-Kirk