Author Topic: Ingest Won't Display Source Paths  (Read 3496 times)

Offline mcarlson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest Won't Display Source Paths
« on: May 22, 2010, 06:32:34 PM »
I purchased a new MacBook Pro (i7, 2.66 GHz Intel, Mac OSX 10.6.3) recently and am having frequent issue where I have PM running 4.6.4, put cards in to the Lexar 800 readers, have the ingest dialogue pop up automatically, but nothing shows up in the Source Paths (even after hitting rescan).

If I ingest by folders from the cards, it works fine, but it's an extra step I'd obviously prefer to avoid when working under deadline.

The problem only resolves itself when I restart the computer, but then will reappear at random.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest Won't Display Source Paths
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 09:25:28 PM »
I purchased a new MacBook Pro (i7, 2.66 GHz Intel, Mac OSX 10.6.3) recently and am having frequent issue where I have PM running 4.6.4, put cards in to the Lexar 800 readers, have the ingest dialogue pop up automatically, but nothing shows up in the Source Paths (even after hitting rescan).

If I ingest by folders from the cards, it works fine, but it's an extra step I'd obviously prefer to avoid when working under deadline.

The problem only resolves itself when I restart the computer, but then will reappear at random.

I've never heard of this one before.  If you can explain how we can duplicate this behavior on our own systems then I should be able to address the problem.

-Kirk

Offline mcarlson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 09:04:39 AM »
I'm not sure how it can be replicated...I've tried to explain it as best I can...I'll pay closer attention to what's happening when it's occurring and try to update this post.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 09:59:02 PM »
Are you perhaps tryin to ingest folders instead of disks? Which of the two options is selected at the top of the source windows?
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl