Author Topic: Prior version still show in Add/Remove  (Read 3568 times)

Offline tom

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Prior version still show in Add/Remove
« on: May 26, 2010, 02:57:34 PM »
I did see the post about previous versions of PM still appearing in the Add/Remove, I did what was suggested, but could only "remove" one old version. Trying to remove other old versions prompted error message stating Unistall Log not available, or something like that, and I was not able to uninstall all older versions.   I removed the oldest, then re-installed the  4.6.4 update. All he previous versions still appear in Add/remove, all showing exact same file size. Are these phantoms? Or are they real?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Prior version still show in Add/Remove
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 03:25:43 PM »
I did see the post about previous versions of PM still appearing in the Add/Remove, I did what was suggested, but could only "remove" one old version. Trying to remove other old versions prompted error message stating Unistall Log not available, or something like that, and I was not able to uninstall all older versions.   I removed the oldest, then re-installed the  4.6.4 update. All he previous versions still appear in Add/remove, all showing exact same file size. Are these phantoms? Or are they real?

What happens if you try to launch these older versions?

-Kirk

Offline tom

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 03:59:48 PM »
Well they do not appear in the START/ALL PROGRAMS launch on Windows, only the most current version shows and there is only the latest version in the C/Programs/CameraBits folder.  So I guess they are phantoms and have been removed after all. Sound right?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 05:40:50 PM »
Well they do not appear in the START/ALL PROGRAMS launch on Windows, only the most current version shows and there is only the latest version in the C/Programs/CameraBits folder.  So I guess they are phantoms and have been removed after all. Sound right?

Yes.  There is probably some set of keys in the Registry that the Add/Remove Programs control panel looks at and they're still there, but the apps they pointed to are gone.

-Kirk