Photo Mechanic > Support

Fotostaion does not read captions entered in PM

(1/2) > >>

fnphoto:
Just sent pictures to my agency after I edited and wrote the caption in PM but they just told me that 99% of the pictures arrived with  empty captions.
I checked with my own Fotostation and noticed the same problem while the caption appear ok in Photoshop.

Any idea what's going on?

Thank you

Frederic

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: fnphoto on May 02, 2006, 12:57:48 PM ---Just sent pictures to my agency after I edited and wrote the caption in PM but they just told me that 99% of the pictures arrived with  empty captions.
I checked with my own Fotostation and noticed the same problem while the caption appear ok in Photoshop.

Any idea what's going on?
--- End quote ---

We write our captions out the same way Photoshop does.  The captions are there.  Fotostation is just not seeing them.

Contact the Fotostation support staff. ;)

-Kirk

gerlo:
There is a bigger problem here.
The agency I work for has problems with PM last versions. They just changed to a newer program.
Their new database is simply not reading XMP info. So they tell everyone now to stay away from photomechanic.
Quite curious. The only thing you must not do is use PM for rewriting IPTC after you have worked on the images in Photoshop.
At least on a Mac you could change it so other programs have acces to the info? Photoshop can do it.
Hope you can change this.

regards,

Gerlo

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: gerlo on May 05, 2006, 01:18:47 PM ---There is a bigger problem here.
The agency I work for has problems with PM last versions. They just changed to a newer program.
--- End quote ---

And what program is that?

--- Quote from: gerlo ---Their new database is simply not reading XMP info. So they tell everyone now to stay away from photomechanic.
Quite curious. The only thing you must not do is use PM for rewriting IPTC after you have worked on the images in Photoshop.
At least on a Mac you could change it so other programs have acces to the info? Photoshop can do it.
Hope you can change this.
--- End quote ---

What are we supposed to do?  Fix their software?  BTW, you do not have to use XMP in Photo Mechanic.  Just have PM write IPTC only if you like.

-Kirk

RobertE:
Hi Gerlo,

As you know Fotoware have many newspaper clients in Europe and some in the USA. Fotoware are slow to move into IPTC4XMP and much of their IPTC is not standard. In time they will have to become XMP compliant simply because these big players will demand it.

Meantime complain to Fotoware. Good luck doing so!

Photo Mechanic is one of the few apps that plays nicely with XMP data, especially with Adobe products. For better or worse Adobe dominates the print industry. That is who Camera Bits needs to get along with.

Finally, as Kirk said, you can turn off XMP in PM if you want to.

-- Robert.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version