Author Topic: How to remove tags from images during ingest?  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Matt London

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to remove tags from images during ingest?
« on: June 12, 2010, 07:38:01 AM »
In a nutshell - is there a way it can be done?

So..I'm tagging my pics in camera, and doing "delete all" in camera to get rid of the pics I don't want.  I then have a disk with a bunch of pics to ingest that are all already tagged.  The reason for this request is that I'm at soccer matches being remotely edited and the editors are being slowed down by having to untag all my pics when they receive them.  I've told them to just do "ctrl a" then "ctrl -" to select all pics in a folder and untag them, but this slows them down and sometimes they forget, so it interrupts their workflow.

So I'm wondering if there is a setting or a box I can check somewhere that will untag all my pics as they ingest.

Thanks in advance!

Matt
Photo Mechanic Enterprise Version 6.0, build 4851. OSX 10.15.6, MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to remove tags from images during ingest?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 07:44:46 AM »
Matt,

In a nutshell - is there a way it can be done?

So..I'm tagging my pics in camera, and doing "delete all" in camera to get rid of the pics I don't want.  I then have a disk with a bunch of pics to ingest that are all already tagged.  The reason for this request is that I'm at soccer matches being remotely edited and the editors are being slowed down by having to untag all my pics when they receive them.  I've told them to just do "ctrl a" then "ctrl -" to select all pics in a folder and untag them, but this slows them down and sometimes they forget, so it interrupts their workflow.

So I'm wondering if there is a setting or a box I can check somewhere that will untag all my pics as they ingest.

No, there is no such feature to un-tag images that were locked/tagged in the camera as they ingest.

Sorry.

-Kirk

Offline Matt London

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: How to remove tags from images during ingest?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 08:04:17 AM »
Thanks for your reply Kirk, I'll put a new features request in...
Photo Mechanic Enterprise Version 6.0, build 4851. OSX 10.15.6, MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3.