Author Topic: Direct Connection to Photoshop - F1 Button for opening levels...  (Read 4189 times)

Offline Tati

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi!

I am using Photo Mechanic 2 months for my work and I saw yesterda a photographer using Photo Mechanic selecting a picture clicking the F1 button and it opened the Photoshop window Levels (I hope this means the right - in german it is Tonwertkorrektur). Just the window without closing it. Then He changed Levels clicking ok and was again in the Photo Mechanic Program. This was so fast and I tried to get it somehow with a droplet by using photoshops action first and then adding a new droplet, but this does not function, because to make an action for using it as droplet I have to add Levels to my action by doing some changes and/or confirm with ok, before the action can be saved. The photographer I saw had only the Levels window open and could change it then. Any ideas what he did to get that?

Thank you for any help!

Greetings

Tatjana

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Direct Connection to Photoshop - F1 Button for opening levels...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 02:36:15 PM »
Tatjana,

I am using Photo Mechanic 2 months for my work and I saw yesterda a photographer using Photo Mechanic selecting a picture clicking the F1 button and it opened the Photoshop window Levels (I hope this means the right - in german it is Tonwertkorrektur). Just the window without closing it. Then He changed Levels clicking ok and was again in the Photo Mechanic Program. This was so fast and I tried to get it somehow with a droplet by using photoshops action first and then adding a new droplet, but this does not function, because to make an action for using it as droplet I have to add Levels to my action by doing some changes and/or confirm with ok, before the action can be saved. The photographer I saw had only the Levels window open and could change it then. Any ideas what he did to get that?

Perhaps he was using some third party utility to do that for him.  There is no such feature in Photo Mechanic to do what you described directly.

EDIT: perhaps it was a beta module for RPGKeys:  http://www.rpgkeys.com/

-Kirk
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 06:10:35 PM by Kirk Baker »