Author Topic: I need help quickly...  (Read 3756 times)

Offline maxphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I need help quickly...
« on: June 09, 2010, 12:31:55 PM »
Hi mates,
I have a problem that my two neurons r not able to solve...
here is the scenario: I ingest a disk...then tag the pictures I need to send....then open one of them with PS....then save it in a a folder and so again till the end...i would like to have an automatic sequence number from for example ABC01 and so again for all the pictures entering this folder....how to do it ????
ciao
Max

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: I need help quickly...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 01:21:56 PM »
Max,

I have a problem that my two neurons r not able to solve...
here is the scenario: I ingest a disk...then tag the pictures I need to send....then open one of them with PS....then save it in a a folder and so again till the end...i would like to have an automatic sequence number from for example ABC01 and so again for all the pictures entering this folder....how to do it ????

Select the photos in Photo Mechanic.  Use the Rename Photos command on the File menu.  In the rename text field enter:

ABC

Then set the 'Sequence' checkbox.  Click on the 'Set {seqn} variable...' button and type:

into the {seqn} value: text field.  If you have more than 99 photos you may want to add an additional zero, making your initial sequence value 001 instead of 01.

Click the OK button to accept your new sequence number.  Click the Rename button.  A few moments later your images will all be named ABC01, ABC02, etc.

-Kirk