Author Topic: How to prevent changing the date & time when pasting an IPTC caption  (Read 2508 times)

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
When I copy an IPTC caption, how can I prevent the date and the time being stamped onto any images I paste the caption to? Currently if I copy a picture with a different date, when I past that IPTC info onto another picture it replaces the date and time with the current system date & time.

I have the 'Always use today's date in Stationary Pad' turned off. Running PM 4.5.4 on Mac OS 10.6.3.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to prevent changing the date & time when pasting an IPTC caption
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 07:34:30 AM »
When I copy an IPTC caption, how can I prevent the date and the time being stamped onto any images I paste the caption to? Currently if I copy a picture with a different date, when I past that IPTC info onto another picture it replaces the date and time with the current system date & time.

I have the 'Always use today's date in Stationary Pad' turned off. Running PM 4.5.4 on Mac OS 10.6.3.

Is this from the Contact Sheet or from the IPTC Info dialog?

-Kirk

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 12:24:51 PM »
IPTC Info window.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 03:10:57 PM »
IPTC Info window.

I just checked with the latest version of PM (4.6.4) and this problem was addressed in one of the 4.6.x versions.  When I did my test, the photo's IPTC Date and Time did not change after the paste operation.

We're no longer maintaining version 4.5 now that 4.6 has been released.  I see that you're running Mac OS X 10.6.3 and I can tell you there are a number of compatibility issues that were fixed in the latest version regarding running on Snow Leopard.  Version 4.5.4 has a number of issues (crashing and poor performance) when running on Mac OS X 10.6.x.

-Kirk