Author Topic: Keywords dissappear from lists they've been added to as well as in other fields.  (Read 7514 times)

Offline Cosi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I find that keywords consistently dissappear from the the keyword field. This also happens in other fields where it’s possible to add phrases such as the credit and copyright fields. This has consistently happened thru various versions of the software. I’m up to date version wise using a Macbook Pro. Any advice about this?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I find that keywords consistently dissappear from the the keyword field. This also happens in other fields where it’s possible to add phrases such as the credit and copyright fields. This has consistently happened thru various versions of the software. I’m up to date version wise using a Macbook Pro. Any advice about this?

What kind of file types are they?  Are the files viewed/edited with any other software besides Photo Mechanic?

Do you have a specific file you can send me so I can look inside it with a hex editor?

I have never heard of this problem before.

-Kirk

Offline Cosi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I'm not referring to the words from within the files dissapearing. I'm referring to the lists that have been created within PM itself, in the drop down menus associated with various fields like "object" or "keyword". I've "added" a word or phrase to this list in the past and then found that it's dissapeared from that list later on.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I'm not referring to the words from within the files dissapearing. I'm referring to the lists that have been created within PM itself, in the drop down menus associated with various fields like "object" or "keyword". I've "added" a word or phrase to this list in the past and then found that it's dissapeared from that list later on.

I see. Well if you can tell me how to reproduce the problem then I'd be happy to try and fix it.  I have never heard of that problem before.

-Kirk

Offline Cosi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Yeah, I don't really know what brings it up. It seems to happen after crashes but I'm not really sure how to reproduce it.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Yeah, I don't really know what brings it up. It seems to happen after crashes but I'm not really sure how to reproduce it.

That would do it.  The preferences aren't saved until quit.

-Kirk