Author Topic: Email image makes background black on Mac Snow Leopard  (Read 14720 times)

Offline sdevore

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Email image makes background black on Mac Snow Leopard
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 12:16:58 PM »
some hacks that seem to work around this issue have been released/ updated recently see the article at
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20009669-263.html?tag=mncol;txt

Sam D

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 12:46:45 AM »
David and everyone else experiencing this issue,

I am using PM 4.6.4. on Mac Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on a MacBook Pro. Now when I use "Send Photos by Email", the image background in Mac Mail now turns black. I have not changed any settings on Mail that I know of and haven't changed anything on PM. Has anyone seen anything like this and how do I get rid of it? I can't figure out how to change the background on the mail once it's entered.

The Safari 5.0.1 update fixes this issue.  I have confirmed that the black background does not exist once the update is installed.  Warning: the Safari 5.0.1 update requires a restart of your computer.

-Kirk

Offline calgal

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 09:02:15 AM »
I started getting this problem too, very recently,  after years of problem-free using PM to send images by email along with text messages.  It was driving me crazy. After some experimenting I found that checking the "apply crop" box in the mail message field fixes the problem. I have Safari 10.5.8

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 10:30:15 AM »
I started getting this problem too, very recently,  after years of problem-free using PM to send images by email along with text messages.  It was driving me crazy. After some experimenting I found that checking the "apply crop" box in the mail message field fixes the problem. I have Safari 10.5.8

Getting the latest 5.0.1 update for Safari solves this issue in all cases.

-Kirk