Author Topic: How to launch PM on Card Insert Windows 7  (Read 2651 times)

Offline photographer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to launch PM on Card Insert Windows 7
« on: June 14, 2010, 08:28:22 AM »
I am having trouble getting PM 6.4 to auto play or launch when I put a CF card in computer.
I am using Windows 7. I have associated media type to PhotoMechanic in Control Panel.
I have also set PM Preferences to launch contact sheet when card is inserted in machine.
Neither thing happens. This is more of a Windows config issue than PM, but would
appreciate some guidance. I had it setup correctly in previous Windows versions.

Thanks,
Harley Soltes

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to launch PM on Card Insert Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 08:36:03 AM »
Harley,

I am having trouble getting PM 6.4 to auto play or launch when I put a CF card in computer.
I am using Windows 7. I have associated media type to PhotoMechanic in Control Panel.
I have also set PM Preferences to launch contact sheet when card is inserted in machine.
Neither thing happens. This is more of a Windows config issue than PM, but would
appreciate some guidance. I had it setup correctly in previous Windows versions.

Are you running a 64-bit or 32-bit edition of Windows 7?  Our AutoPlay handler is not compatible with 64-bit editions of Windows.

-Kirk

Offline photographer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 08:41:06 AM »
64 Bit. Does that mean that both the setting in preference for PM will not launch the contact sheet
on insertion of media and that Windows 7 will not autoplay/launch PM on insertion of media?

Thanks for the quick response.
Harley Soltes

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 08:42:35 AM »
Harley,

64 Bit. Does that mean that both the setting in preference for PM will not launch the contact sheet
on insertion of media and that Windows 7 will not autoplay/launch PM on insertion of media?

If PM is already running then it should be able to open the Ingest dialog when a card is inserted.  The AutoPlay launch capability will be missing.

-Kirk

Offline photographer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 08:57:08 AM »
It is not launching ingest or contact sheet when PM is running and card inserted.
I get the windows notice that now program is associated with this file type.
I have PM running, I have set ingest on insertion in preferences, and I hit apply.
Any tips?

Harley Soltes