Author Topic: I get Color Class instead of Star Rating when batching images  (Read 2604 times)

Offline vassing

• Newcomer
  • Photojournalist
    • View Profile
    • Morten Vassing│Photojournalist
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.4 and I run Mac OS X 10.6.3 on my Intel-based MacBook Black with 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

In Preferences>Accessibility>Single Key Shortcut I have chosen 5-Star Rating.

Now, I select a bunch of images (Nikon D3 NEFs 14-bit Uncompressed) but when I want to batch star rate them I get Color Class Red instead of Star Rating 2 when I press Command-2. In essence, I want to know the key combination to batch Star Rate my images. Sorry, if this is FAQ but I have trawled both the PM 4.6.3. pdf Manual and this forum for an answer to no avail.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:15:57 AM by vassing »
Morten Vassing│Photojournalist - COPENHAGEN│Denmark - Nikon D3│MacBook Pro │ Mac OS X (10.8)│PM5

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: I get Color Class instead of Star Rating when batching images
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 06:50:59 AM »
Morten,

I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.4 and I run Mac OS X 10.6.3 on my Intel-based MacBook Black with 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

In Preferences>Accessibility>Single Key Shortcut I have chosen 5-Star Rating.

Now, I select a bunch of images (Nikon D3 NEFs 14-bit Uncompressed) but when I want to batch star rate them I get Color Class Red instead of Star Rating 2 when I press Command-2. In essence, I want to know the key combination to batch Star Rate my images. Sorry, if this is FAQ but I have trawled both the PM 4.6.3. pdf Manual and this forum for an answer to no avail.

The setting you described refers to single key shortcuts which operate when a single photo is selected.  Therefore there is no batch operation for those keyboard shortcuts.  You'll need to press Command-Option-2 to get star rating 2.  Or you could do what I do and just use the mouse to change the star rating on one of the selected photos while holding down the Option key.  When you release the mouse button, all selected images will have that rating.  (Windows users would use the Shift key instead.)

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline vassing

• Newcomer
  • Photojournalist
    • View Profile
    • Morten Vassing│Photojournalist
Re: I get Color Class instead of Star Rating when batching images
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 04:03:43 AM »
Thanks, Kirk. Working like a charm....  ;D
Morten Vassing│Photojournalist - COPENHAGEN│Denmark - Nikon D3│MacBook Pro │ Mac OS X (10.8)│PM5