Author Topic: Wrap around bug (?) in Preview mode  (Read 2873 times)

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
Wrap around bug (?) in Preview mode
« on: June 18, 2010, 05:44:53 PM »
I'm slogging through  3000 images of an event from two weeks ago.. (I SO can't imagine doing this without Photo Mechanic!!)  The good news is that all 3000 shots are of beautiful dancers.

My workflow is to select a group of shots from the contact sheet, basically all the images from one setup, usually 20 or 30 frames.  Then  hit CMD+R and create a preview session.   Works like a champ.  Then I go through and crop and set ratings, and hit D to drop frames from the selection.   When I'm done, I select the next 20-30 frames.

One minor problemo, which I consider a bug, is that when I set the rating on the last photo, the "Wrap around" kicks in and positions me back to the first photo of my selection.  If I'm not paying attention, I could make a mess here.

My  Wrap around flag in Preferences/Preview is unchecked, and all three "automatically advance" flags are checked.
Now I have to go back to work! Only 2800 images left to do!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Wrap around bug (?) in Preview mode
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 11:58:05 AM »
Ron,

I'm slogging through  3000 images of an event from two weeks ago.. (I SO can't imagine doing this without Photo Mechanic!!)  The good news is that all 3000 shots are of beautiful dancers.

My workflow is to select a group of shots from the contact sheet, basically all the images from one setup, usually 20 or 30 frames.  Then  hit CMD+R and create a preview session.   Works like a champ.  Then I go through and crop and set ratings, and hit D to drop frames from the selection.   When I'm done, I select the next 20-30 frames.

One minor problemo, which I consider a bug, is that when I set the rating on the last photo, the "Wrap around" kicks in and positions me back to the first photo of my selection.  If I'm not paying attention, I could make a mess here.

My  Wrap around flag in Preferences/Preview is unchecked, and all three "automatically advance" flags are checked.
Now I have to go back to work! Only 2800 images left to do!

I was able to reproduce the problem and fix it on the Mac version.  I will check to see if the Windows version also has this issue.

Thanks for reporting the problem.

-Kirk

[EDIT: Windows version does not have this issue.]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 12:03:55 PM by Kirk Baker »