Author Topic: Copy to clipboard  (Read 3023 times)

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Copy to clipboard
« on: June 16, 2010, 01:39:05 AM »
Would it be possible to add a "Copy to Clipboard" item in the contact sheet contextual menu?  So that I can right-click on an image in a Contact Sheet, select that option, and paste the image straight into either another app or Finder window? I realise drag and drop will work also, but often a copy is more convenient (depending on where it's going).

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Copy to clipboard
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 06:36:38 AM »
Sam,

Would it be possible to add a "Copy to Clipboard" item in the contact sheet contextual menu?  So that I can right-click on an image in a Contact Sheet, select that option, and paste the image straight into either another app or Finder window? I realise drag and drop will work also, but often a copy is more convenient (depending on where it's going).

At what resolution?  The size of the thumbnail?  Or the full image?

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Re: Copy to clipboard
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 12:23:08 PM »
The actual image file.  If I need to do this at the moment, I use the Reveal in Finder contextual menu item and then Command-C on the file in the Finder (I'm on a Mac, but the principle would be the same on a PC).  Having a 'Copy to Clipboard' command would not only remove a step, but also remove the need to switch to the Finder and have a most likely otherwise unneeded Finder window open up.