Author Topic: Instant variable loading (like code replacement)  (Read 3473 times)

Offline smorgan42

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Instant variable loading (like code replacement)
« on: June 16, 2010, 12:01:21 PM »
Is it possible to have a variable load instantly when you place it in a field similarly to a code replacement? In our office, I need to use a date code string like 0617 for June 17. I know I can use the variable {iptcmonth0}{iptcday0} to get that, but what I would like is to put that string in like \{iptcmonth0}\ (or some other character, since I use variables in CR's all the time also) and have it automatically pop in 06 like it would for a code replacement.

Also, is it possible to increment the day for {iptcday0} like {iptcday0:+1} or {iptcday0:++}, so it would go for the next day. We us the day we publish in our naming system, not the day it was taken.

OS 10.5.8, PM 4.6.4, Intel

Thanks. Scott

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Instant variable loading (like code replacement)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 02:12:24 PM »
Scott,

Is it possible to have a variable load instantly when you place it in a field similarly to a code replacement? In our office, I need to use a date code string like 0617 for June 17. I know I can use the variable {iptcmonth0}{iptcday0} to get that, but what I would like is to put that string in like \{iptcmonth0}\ (or some other character, since I use variables in CR's all the time also) and have it automatically pop in 06 like it would for a code replacement.

Also, is it possible to increment the day for {iptcday0} like {iptcday0:+1} or {iptcday0:++}, so it would go for the next day. We us the day we publish in our naming system, not the day it was taken.

OS 10.5.8, PM 4.6.4, Intel

If you're in the IPTC Info dialog, hold down on the Option key and look at the OK button.  It will have changed to 'Eval'. Click on it while continuing to hold down the Option key and all variables will be evaluated at once.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline smorgan42

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Instant variable loading (like code replacement)
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 12:48:48 PM »
I'm in the copy dialog, so the Eval function isn't available.

Thanks for the reply though.