Author Topic: Undo Function in text-fields  (Read 3206 times)

Offline gvadf

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • hompage
Undo Function in text-fields
« on: June 19, 2010, 11:36:00 PM »
Is the a chance to implement an "undo" function in the Caption-fields.
I am very frustrated when I typed a lot of text and hit the delete key by mistake. :'(
Guenter
Best Regards
Guenter

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Undo Function in text-fields
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 06:54:22 AM »
Guenter,

Is the a chance to implement an "undo" function in the Caption-fields.
I am very frustrated when I typed a lot of text and hit the delete key by mistake. :'(

This thread has a discussion about the issue:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=4838.msg22163

We are also very frustrated that Apple won't fix their bugs.

-Kirk

Offline gvadf

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • hompage
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 02:08:40 PM »
Kirk and Dennis,

We have been complaining about this for many years--back when Rob Galbraith's forums were still active in fact.  The answer was the same then.

Overall, your support is the best in the business, but in this specific case, I think you have dropped the ball.  Blaming Apple for the problem doesn't get us a working Undo.  Is Apple actually negligent in fixing a bug for six years running or do they insist that Undo should not be used in a modal dialog and this will never change?

It is far past time to fix this problem.  If that means making the IPTC dialog non-modal, then please make it non-modal.

Hello Kirk,
thank you for the link. I think AllGod gave the right answer to your remark.
I agree with AllGod totally.
Best Regards
Guenter

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 02:57:22 PM »
Guenter,

Kirk and Dennis,

We have been complaining about this for many years--back when Rob Galbraith's forums were still active in fact.  The answer was the same then.

Overall, your support is the best in the business, but in this specific case, I think you have dropped the ball.  Blaming Apple for the problem doesn't get us a working Undo.  Is Apple actually negligent in fixing a bug for six years running or do they insist that Undo should not be used in a modal dialog and this will never change?

It is far past time to fix this problem.  If that means making the IPTC dialog non-modal, then please make it non-modal.

Hello Kirk,
thank you for the link. I think AllGod gave the right answer to your remark.
I agree with AllGod totally.

Unfortunately it is not at all trivial to make those dialogs non-modal.  It would a great effort to change the architecture of those dialogs and many other dialogs to operate non-modally.

-Kirk