Author Topic: Upload status indicators  (Read 4902 times)

Offline AnnieP

• View Profile
Upload status indicators
« on: June 21, 2010, 03:21:09 PM »
I just started using PhotoMechanic for uploading my images to SmugMug.  I LOVE the upload status indicators.  I only wish, though, that they would remain.  It appears that once you close PM the indicators are gone.  I would like a permanent indication of which of my images have been uploaded.  Am I missing something and this is possible?  If not, I'd like to request this feature.

Many thanks for a really fine product.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Upload status indicators
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 03:59:32 PM »
Annie,

I just started using PhotoMechanic for uploading my images to SmugMug.  I LOVE the upload status indicators.  I only wish, though, that they would remain.  It appears that once you close PM the indicators are gone.  I would like a permanent indication of which of my images have been uploaded.  Am I missing something and this is possible?  If not, I'd like to request this feature.

Many thanks for a really fine product.

It's not possible, nor is it easy to implement because the actual image being uploaded may not be the image in your contact sheet.  For instance if you cropped the image or scaled it or put a watermark on it, etc. then the image that arrived on your destination server or service can be very much a different image than what you uploaded.  Also, we would have to store that upload status inside your image thus modifying it when you would not have expected it to be modified.

It is an often-requested feature so we're aware that people want it.

-Kirk

Offline AnnieP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 04:07:54 PM »
Many thanks for the response.  I guess I'll just have to color code the uploads before I end each session.  That should work.

Offline fotograhn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 04:33:35 PM »
Found this interesting feature request as I have the same desire :)

I have experienced that the upload status indicator also disappears when doing a quick search in the same contact sheet tab.

A spontaneous idea: What if Photo Mechanic utilized a sidecar file of its own, maybe not the XMP but PMI (Photo Mechanic Information)?