Author Topic: Switching from iView MediaPro  (Read 7919 times)

Offline msbc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Switching from iView MediaPro
« on: August 28, 2006, 07:53:23 PM »
I'm looking to switch from iView to PhotoMechanic for injesting and adding IPTC but I've hit a wall. I have a mixture of Canon 10D, 20D and 5D RAW images. The 20D and 5D RAW's are all CR2 file format and iView can sync IPTC to that image type on the Mac - so PM can read my keywords and tags. All's good.

Not so for the 10D - CRW - files. Seems iView writes it's IPTC data to the resource fork for this file type and PM doesn't find it. Anybody else faced this problem? Is there a way to export the iView added IPTC so PM can see it and add it to my 10D CRW's?

Thanks,
Mark

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Switching from iView MediaPro
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 09:39:31 PM »
Mark,

I'm looking to switch from iView to PhotoMechanic for injesting and adding IPTC but I've hit a wall. I have a mixture of Canon 10D, 20D and 5D RAW images. The 20D and 5D RAW's are all CR2 file format and iView can sync IPTC to that image type on the Mac - so PM can read my keywords and tags. All's good.

Not so for the 10D - CRW - files. Seems iView writes it's IPTC data to the resource fork for this file type and PM doesn't find it. Anybody else faced this problem? Is there a way to export the iView added IPTC so PM can see it and add it to my 10D CRW's?

Are you on Mac, or Windows?

-Kirk

Offline msbc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 10:03:42 PM »
Kirk, I'm on a Mac.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 10:58:16 PM »
Kirk, I'm on a Mac.

OK, if you can use something like Stuffit (which preserves resource forks) and put both the CRW and the THM file into an archive and upload it to our server, I'd be happy to take a look at the files.

Contact me privately for server information.

-Kirk