Author Topic: Card Contents Preview in Ingest Dialog.  (Read 3656 times)

Offline rodleland

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Card Contents Preview in Ingest Dialog.
« on: June 28, 2010, 11:21:28 AM »
Hi Kirk and Camera Bits Staff,

I have two ideas (one major, one minor) that would help with my ingesting workflow in a large way.

Firstly- I often ingest cards from multiple shoots at once, and it's a bit of a pain when I have to head back to finder, find my card, and quick-view or open a series of random files to verify which card is currently mounted. I was wondering if there is any interest, and how hard it would be to implement a feature that displayed a couple thumbnails randomly selected from the card in the ingest window to verify that the correct card (or even the next card in order) is the one plugged in.

Secondly, although its not a huge idea, if it wouldn't screw up the layout of the window, I'd love a one-click way to reset my sequence numbering, instead of having to go into the sequence details and reset it. (note- I know this is being hugely picky)

Thanks!

-Rod

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Card Contents Preview in Ingest Dialog.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 11:26:38 AM »
Rod,

I have two ideas (one major, one minor) that would help with my ingesting workflow in a large way.

Firstly- I often ingest cards from multiple shoots at once, and it's a bit of a pain when I have to head back to finder, find my card, and quick-view or open a series of random files to verify which card is currently mounted. I was wondering if there is any interest, and how hard it would be to implement a feature that displayed a couple thumbnails randomly selected from the card in the ingest window to verify that the correct card (or even the next card in order) is the one plugged in.

The 'Ingest from Selection' feature (requested numerous times on these forums) would probably help you out here.  You would just browse the card with PM, and then select the files and begin the Ingest.

Quote from: rodleland
Secondly, although its not a huge idea, if it wouldn't screw up the layout of the window, I'd love a one-click way to reset my sequence numbering, instead of having to go into the sequence details and reset it. (note- I know this is being hugely picky)

Hold down the 'Modifier Key' (Option on Mac OS X, Shift on Windows) and you'll see the 'Set {seqn}' button change to 'Reset {seqn}'.  Click on it while continuing to hold down the Modifier Key and it will reset.

-Kirk

Offline rodleland

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Card Contents Preview in Ingest Dialog.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 11:45:25 AM »
Kirk,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Great to know that "ingest from Selection" is on the list, and my apologies for missing the sequence reset feature in the user manual.

Cheers,

-Rod