Author Topic: Another Label Compatibility Issue  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Hoppy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Another Label Compatibility Issue
« on: July 08, 2010, 03:29:57 PM »
I am using a MacBook Pro, Intel Chip, running Snow Leopard 10.6.4
Adobe Bridge CS5, Lightroom 3 and PM 4.6.4

I have read xmp first and all settings are in accordance with PM's recommendations for Adobe compatibility. I have set up the labels as described in the PM manual to achieve compatibility and it almost works flawlessly. :(

I can change label colours and star ratings and everything is updated correctly.   I can remove the label in PM and that is updated in the other applications.  In Bridge and LR I can remove the label and it is updated in those applications however not in PM.  I refresh and rescan and it has no effect.  If I close down PM and relaunch it then shows the correct setting of no label.

This is not a big issue as the relaunch fixes it and I do not use labels a lot.  Any ideas ???

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Another Label Compatibility Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 04:12:50 PM »
I am using a MacBook Pro, Intel Chip, running Snow Leopard 10.6.4
Adobe Bridge CS5, Lightroom 3 and PM 4.6.4

I have read xmp first and all settings are in accordance with PM's recommendations for Adobe compatibility. I have set up the labels as described in the PM manual to achieve compatibility and it almost works flawlessly. :(

I can change label colours and star ratings and everything is updated correctly.   I can remove the label in PM and that is updated in the other applications.  In Bridge and LR I can remove the label and it is updated in those applications however not in PM.  I refresh and rescan and it has no effect.  If I close down PM and relaunch it then shows the correct setting of no label.

This is not a big issue as the relaunch fixes it and I do not use labels a lot.  Any ideas ???

It's something we'd have to fix in Photo Mechanic.  The same sort of issue will also happen with the ratings.  PM keeps its own data and falls back on it when the XMP data doesn't exist.  Some people like the current behavior and others do not.  So it's likely that we would fix it with a preference setting.

-Kirk

Offline Hoppy

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Another Label Compatibility Issue
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 05:07:44 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply Kirk, I must admit I never tried it with the ratings.  At least I know it will have consistent behaviour