Author Topic: Two editing programs  (Read 2292 times)

Offline kblott

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Two editing programs
« on: July 09, 2010, 02:01:27 PM »
Can you set up Photo Mechanic so that when you right click on a photo you can choose more than one editing program? Right now "edit with"  open NX2. Now that I have Photoshop I want to be able to choose between the two. I can change from NX2 but I want to keep that choice available as well. Thanks for any suggestions.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Two editing programs
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 02:10:45 PM »
Can you set up Photo Mechanic so that when you right click on a photo you can choose more than one editing program? Right now "edit with"  open NX2. Now that I have Photoshop I want to be able to choose between the two. I can change from NX2 but I want to keep that choice available as well. Thanks for any suggestions.

Yes.  In the Launching tab of the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog you can set an editor for each filetype that PM supports and up to ten 'custom' editors.

Click on the button labeled 'Set...' that follows the text: "Assign specific editing applications for each file type:"  From the dialog that appears, you can choose a specific editor for each supported file type, and at the end of the list is the set of Custom editors that you can also setup.

-Kirk