Author Topic: Upgrading to PM 4.65  (Read 4002 times)

Offline Harvey Levine

• View Profile
Upgrading to PM 4.65
« on: July 10, 2010, 01:55:22 PM »
I just downloaded it ad copied to my applications file. At the end I get a message saying I do not have permissions to access certain items. Running Snoe Leopard, MAC Book Pro. Never had this problem before.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Upgrading to PM 4.65
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 03:12:53 PM »
Harvey,

I just downloaded it ad copied to my applications file. At the end I get a message saying I do not have permissions to access certain items. Running Snoe Leopard, MAC Book Pro. Never had this problem before.

What application is giving you those errors?  If it's the Finder, you might try restarting your computer and try it again.

-Kirk

Offline Harvey Levine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 06:32:45 AM »
I restarted but after dragging PM into the applications folder im my dock, it asks me if I want to replace the items in the folder. After saying yes, it then says I don't have permission to access certain items.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 06:59:44 AM by Harvey Levine »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 06:59:06 AM »
Harvey,

I restarted but after dragging PM into the applications folder im my dock, it asks me if I want to replace the items in the folder. After saying yes, it then say  don't have permission to access certain items.

I don't know why that would happen.  Try the Repair Permissions option in the Disk Utility application in the Utilities folder in your Applications folder.  If that doesn't fix it, then just rename the old application and then copy the new one there.

-Kirk