Author Topic: Unable to render image  (Read 4905 times)

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
Unable to render image
« on: July 12, 2010, 04:47:39 PM »
Hi,

I just "re-installed" PM after að disk crash and I did it through Time Machine (Mac). I set the cache folder to local folder since it had problems using the default cache folder. I am getting "Unable to render image" on images. What can be wrong?

Cheers,
Hilmar

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Unable to render image
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 06:58:43 PM »
Hilmar,

I just "re-installed" PM after að disk crash and I did it through Time Machine (Mac). I set the cache folder to local folder since it had problems using the default cache folder. I am getting "Unable to render image" on images. What can be wrong?

I don't know.  What version of PM are you using?

Try setting PM to empty the Cache on quit.  Then start PM again.  Then try browsing your photos.

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 03:05:16 AM »
Hi,

I am using the latest one. It works to close and re-open PM.

I think the problem might be that I have  folder from data rescued pics which has 14.000 pics in it. That might be clogging up PM, could that be the reason?

It is said to empty cache on exit.

-HG

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 07:16:59 AM »
I am using the latest one. It works to close and re-open PM.

I think the problem might be that I have  folder from data rescued pics which has 14.000 pics in it. That might be clogging up PM, could that be the reason?

It is said to empty cache on exit.

14,000 pictures is a lot of pictures for a single folder, but we've tested PM on folders containing 30,000 images before.  It completely depends on the file format, your caching settings, the speed of your disks, the number of CPUs you have on your system, etc.  Were you browsing the rescued folder?

Now that you've quit and relaunched PM, is the problem still there?  If so, for any image that PM cannot render, do you have some other application that can indeed load them without warnings or errors?

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 10:03:36 AM »
Hi,

I am using MacBook Pro with Core 2 Duo, 2.8 GHZ, 4GB memory and a 7200 RPM disk (internal) and a 2TB 7200 rpm (FW800 external)

The pics are JPG, I have it set to empty cache on quit. I distributed the 14.000 images to 10 folders and it seems to work better. Anyway if I close and re-open it seems to work. It seems to stop rendering after loading the batch - opening and closing works.

I have not tried any other program as of yet. 

Cheers,
Hilmar