Author Topic: Watermark  (Read 4224 times)

Offline ehannigan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Watermark
« on: July 21, 2010, 04:51:03 PM »
I searched thru but could not find an answer to my questions..

I want to place a logo in one corner and three or four lines of text in the other for our by lines. Right now the text is no problem but I do see two issues that I cannot figure out

Sizes - how do I create consistent sizes for logo and text when I crop an image as part of the save as process when all images must be baseline 605 wide...and how do I get both logo and text in to anchor the bottom as a byline? I see this as logo on right edge justified, text left edge justified, consistent across all images.

Thanks !

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Watermark
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 05:26:27 PM »
I searched thru but could not find an answer to my questions..

I want to place a logo in one corner and three or four lines of text in the other for our by lines. Right now the text is no problem but I do see two issues that I cannot figure out

Sizes - how do I create consistent sizes for logo and text when I crop an image as part of the save as process when all images must be baseline 605 wide...and how do I get both logo and text in to anchor the bottom as a byline? I see this as logo on right edge justified, text left edge justified, consistent across all images.

Thanks !

I'm not certain what it is that you're trying to do.  How about some sample images (do them manually in Photoshop)?  I also do not know if the Watermarking feature is capable of doing what you want it to do.

-Kirk

Offline ehannigan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 05:31:58 PM »
Sure,

The watermark is variable generated and works well (minus the sizing issue previously mentioned).

I've attached a sample of what my desired output would look like in the best of all possible circumstances...

Thanks !

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 06:32:30 PM »
The watermark is variable generated and works well (minus the sizing issue previously mentioned).

I've attached a sample of what my desired output would look like in the best of all possible circumstances...

I would think that an appropriately sized logo set to be placed in the lower left corner with scaling set to 'to fit area' would work out OK.

-Kirk

Offline ehannigan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 06:39:29 PM »
And what would be the best size for that if I use a constant 605 width for the photos - that's what I cannot seem to constrain.

If I crop the images in SaveAs and have the Watermark generated at that time, the text appears to get smaller as well.

What would the best settings for all to remain constant....

Thanks in advance..

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 09:38:47 PM »
And what would be the best size for that if I use a constant 605 width for the photos - that's what I cannot seem to constrain.

If I crop the images in SaveAs and have the Watermark generated at that time, the text appears to get smaller as well.

What would the best settings for all to remain constant....

Thanks in advance..

There is no setting to make them constant.  The text is always drawn as large as can fit into its area.  On large images the text is larger, on small images the text is smaller.  There is no one-size-fits-all that would always work.  Imagine even smaller images like thumbnails...

-Kirk