Author Topic: OT: Using iPad to show/sell proof images  (Read 6751 times)

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
OT: Using iPad to show/sell proof images
« on: July 27, 2010, 06:37:09 AM »
While the iPad has been great for showing my portfolio and to a lesser extent, preview images from the camera on a larger screen, the real opportunity I see is to be able to show clients a selection of images and create an order right in an app.

Has anyone found an app (or know of one in the works) that can synch up a folder of selected images and then allow order information to be collected from the images while you are showing the photos to a client?  Trying to avoid using a paper order form with the iPad -- defeats the purpose of an great interface and viewing experience.

Thanks!

-Mike

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: OT: Using iPad to show/sell proof images
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 07:45:25 AM »
While the iPad has been great for showing my portfolio and to a lesser extent, preview images from the camera on a larger screen, the real opportunity I see is to be able to show clients a selection of images and create an order right in an app.

Has anyone found an app (or know of one in the works) that can synch up a folder of selected images and then allow order information to be collected from the images while you are showing the photos to a client?  Trying to avoid using a paper order form with the iPad -- defeats the purpose of an great interface and viewing experience.

Thanks!

-Mike

One way can be to build a website of the images that the iPad can browse in HTML and build a template for ordering, or to copy your images available for ordering in a folder then sync it with iTunes to the iPad. After selecting the photo it can be emailed to contain order details.

Not really sophisticated ways of photo sync/show and ordering but I don't really know of a better solution out there yet.

If there will ever be something other soulution it probably will be some web based one like having to set up a server generating you a gallery with ordering capabilities and to be able to use the iPad to control it as a client.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline phs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 04:40:09 PM »
Portfolio for iPad will retain file names and allow you to assign rankings.  No real selling app yet.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 10:43:32 PM »
Using web based selling solutions it does not require any special app. iPad is best for browsing web and all you need is your photos on the web. Like PhotoShelter for example.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 02:37:33 AM »
That's exactly what I do whenever I want to show people my pictures.
If I don't have my Ipad with me, there is always a computer with acess to internet nearby and I can open my Photoshelter homepage.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi