Author Topic: Space Bar Toggles Preview  (Read 5957 times)

Offline NFLineast

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Space Bar Toggles Preview
« on: July 30, 2010, 09:30:02 AM »
Mac OS X 10.6.4
PM 4.6.5

Hi, I was wondering whether it would be possible to make the space bar toggle preview on/off. Seems the most intuitive to me, seeing as this is the usual "Mac Logic". Hope that makes sense?

Thanks very much,
Joe
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:32:01 AM by NFLineast »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Space Bar Toggles Preview
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 11:39:35 AM »
Joe,

Mac OS X 10.6.4
PM 4.6.5

Hi, I was wondering whether it would be possible to make the space bar toggle preview on/off. Seems the most intuitive to me, seeing as this is the usual "Mac Logic". Hope that makes sense?

Selecting a photo in the contact sheet and pressing the space bar will go into the preview window.

-Kirk

Offline NFLineast

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 10:36:35 PM »
Joe,

Mac OS X 10.6.4
PM 4.6.5

Selecting a photo in the contact sheet and pressing the space bar will go into the preview window.

-Kirk

I know that. What I am suggesting is that hitting the space bar again will close the preview window. :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 10:40:43 PM »
Joe,

Mac OS X 10.6.4
PM 4.6.5

I know that. What I am suggesting is that hitting the space bar again will close the preview window. :)

Well, but it would only work when you are not zoomed in, since while zoomed in, holding down the space bar activates the 'hand' cursor (like on Photoshop) which when clicked and dragged pans the image around in the view.

Pressing the 'Esc' (escape) key will return you to the Contact Sheet window.

-Kirk

Offline Hydester

• View Profile
    • Hotel Resort Photography
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 10:25:32 AM »

Well, but it would only work when you are not zoomed in, since while zoomed in, holding down the space bar activates the 'hand' cursor (like on Photoshop) which when clicked and dragged pans the image around in the view.

-Kirk

Hi

I would like this too. I know about escape key, but if you could do the space bar toggle [even if only for when not zoomed in] I would really like that. Would speed up first evaluation process when I have a sandwich in my left hand & a drink in the other !!!

Steve

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 04:03:41 PM »

-Kirk

Hi

I would like this too. I know about escape key, but if you could do the space bar toggle [even if only for when not zoomed in] I would really like that. Would speed up first evaluation process when I have a sandwich in my left hand & a drink in the other !!!

Steve

Steve, this will cause a lot of funny things - say flashes - when you splash that drink on your keyboard and it gets stuck...
,-)))
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com