Author Topic: Is there a way to show number of images in a folder?  (Read 1876 times)

Offline vincent@vincentmistretta.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Is there a way to show number of images in a folder?
« on: August 01, 2010, 06:04:42 AM »
Hi,
I am new to PM.  I have been using LR for several years but my workflow and needs have evolved and PM seems to be a better choice for me.  One question/feature I can't seem to find is having the folder structure show how many image files are in each folder.  For example if I had 8 folders nested under "birds" in the navigator, it would be great to see how many files were in "birds" and how many files were in each of the nested folders.  Is there a way to do this?
Many thanks.
Vincent Mistretta

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Is there a way to show number of images in a folder?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 06:42:30 AM »
Vincent,

I am new to PM.  I have been using LR for several years but my workflow and needs have evolved and PM seems to be a better choice for me.  One question/feature I can't seem to find is having the folder structure show how many image files are in each folder.  For example if I had 8 folders nested under "birds" in the navigator, it would be great to see how many files were in "birds" and how many files were in each of the nested folders.  Is there a way to do this?

Without opening the hierarchy of folders as a contact sheet, no.  If you do open the folder and its containing folders as a single contact sheet tab, you can look at the bottom left corner of the window (the status area) and see how many images there are in the contact sheet.

-Kirk