Author Topic: Very weird bug in PM 4.4.3.2 with preview on Mac!  (Read 4981 times)

Offline charlesteton

• View Profile
    • www.charlesteton.com
Very weird bug in PM 4.4.3.2 with preview on Mac!
« on: September 01, 2006, 07:23:35 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I thought my shutter had gone again, but it seems like its a bug. Running latest version of software etc. But the jpg and the cr2 files are fine when opened. It's happened on quite a few, some of the previews end up redrawing and then becoming OK... Dumped cache to make redraw, but problem still there.

Reverted to 4.4.3.1 from 4.4.3.2 and everything is now OK... Strange... Running OS 10.4.7, G5 PowerMac 1.8 GHZ etc.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 07:40:21 AM by charlesteton »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Very weird bug in PM 4.4.3.2 with preview on Mac!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 09:50:22 AM »
Charles,

I thought my shutter had gone again, but it seems like its a bug. Running latest version of software etc. But the jpg and the cr2 files are fine when opened. It's happened on quite a few, some of the previews end up redrawing and then becoming OK... Dumped cache to make redraw, but problem still there.

Reverted to 4.4.3.1 from 4.4.3.2 and everything is now OK... Strange... Running OS 10.4.7, G5 PowerMac 1.8 GHZ etc.

We didn't change anything related to the cache, JPEG loading, or previewing in version 4.4.3.2.

You should run Apple's Disk Utility and check your disks.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline charlesteton

• View Profile
    • www.charlesteton.com
Re: Very weird bug in PM 4.4.3.2 with preview on Mac!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 10:38:08 AM »
I have done thanks and all seems OK... Thankfully its not a shutter problem.