Author Topic: Folder Location Directory Tree  (Read 3126 times)

Offline raypryor1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Folder Location Directory Tree
« on: July 28, 2010, 07:16:14 AM »
It would be really great if when I dragged a folder on to the PhotoMechanic Icon that the folder path was automatically displayed in the directory tree on the right. Sometimes I just need to move files to another folder but currently I have to drill down from the top of the drive to find the directory that I just displayed. Any thoughts?

- Ray

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Folder Location Directory Tree
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 07:30:57 AM »
Ray,

It would be really great if when I dragged a folder on to the PhotoMechanic Icon that the folder path was automatically displayed in the directory tree on the right. Sometimes I just need to move files to another folder but currently I have to drill down from the top of the drive to find the directory that I just displayed. Any thoughts?

While we would never make a feature like that automatic (many people want to see their pictures as fast as possible, and recursively expanding folders in the Navigator would seriously slow that process down) I could see a feature where you would right-click on a photo and choose "Show parent folder in Navigator" from a contextual menu.

When such a feature might be implemented is unknown at this point, though thanks for the suggestion.

-Kirk