Author Topic: two problems  (Read 3011 times)

Offline chardinej

• View Profile
two problems
« on: August 07, 2010, 04:18:45 PM »
These could be related or not:

1. I have 5 large (60-150mb) layer tiff images in a folder ready for printing. They are all 8-bit, RGB colour space. As far as I know except for content and size they are identical files. When I ask PM for a Contact Sheet from this folder it is only bringing up three images. The two smaller ones are not showing in the sheet.

2. I have the cache set to empty on Quit but if I do a Spotlight search right after opening PM for a certain portion of a file name I get lots of cache files as well. Why aren't they being trashed?

Problem is happening on Power Mac set-up. Haven't tested the MacBook.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 04:20:49 PM by chardinej »
John

MacBook Air i5/10.8 (Mountain Lion); PM 5 latest build

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: two problems
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 07:15:45 PM »
John,

These could be related or not:

1. I have 5 large (60-150mb) layer tiff images in a folder ready for printing. They are all 8-bit, RGB colour space. As far as I know except for content and size they are identical files. When I ask PM for a Contact Sheet from this folder it is only bringing up three images. The two smaller ones are not showing in the sheet.

Do they show up as an unsupported format variant, or a blank thumbnail?  I'd guess that the two images that aren't showing up have been saved in a compressed planar format which PM cannot load.  Since TIFF files are generally lossless, you could open them up and save them in a chunky compressed format or an uncompressed format (chunky or planar).

Quote from: chardinej
2. I have the cache set to empty on Quit but if I do a Spotlight search right after opening PM for a certain portion of a file name I get lots of cache files as well. Why aren't they being trashed?

I don't know.  PM should never show any search results that map to files in its cache.  Please let me know how to reproduce such an error.

-Kirk

Offline chardinej

• View Profile
Re: two problems
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 04:03:40 AM »
Thanks Kirk. I resaved the files that would not show in PM and now they do. Not sure about the cause of the cache issue yesterday but it's gone today so that is that!

John
John

MacBook Air i5/10.8 (Mountain Lion); PM 5 latest build