Author Topic: list view  (Read 3415 times)

Offline chardinej

• View Profile
list view
« on: February 06, 2011, 01:57:08 PM »
Haven't checked to see if this has been asked for already. A long time ago when I used to use iView Media Pro, they offered a sortable list view. This allowed for a quick check for filenames that might not be quite right etc. A small (and therefore not very useful) thumbnail was to the left of each row in the list. The list contents were customisable. Would love to see this in PM!
John

MacBook Air i5/10.8 (Mountain Lion); PM 5 latest build

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: list view
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 09:32:24 PM »
I have seen something similar request some time ago but I don't remember any effort related to it.

I find it a good idea some times especially when a list view would come with manually selectable columns showing different variables. But I think this would make more sense when the catalog feature comes in PM as such a view would be more useable with a catalog.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline pmcclurk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:31:54 AM »
Another vote for this function -- the one thing I miss versus looking at picture files via Windows is the ability to look at annotation fields in columns, where the oddballs and typos stand out.

I imagine this as an alternate view to a contact sheet, so I could use existing functions to collect whatever into a contact sheet, but then review my selected annotations in columns.  It seems more of an annotation editing function to me, rather than a catalog function.

Offline Ben Curtis

• View Profile
    • Snappertalk blog
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 06:09:58 AM »
Yes, this would be nice...