Author Topic: Metadata removed in mac mail  (Read 3071 times)

Offline mark allan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Metadata removed in mac mail
« on: August 17, 2010, 10:19:53 AM »
When I send pictures from my macbook pro with mac system leopard 10.5.8 which are captioned in photo mechanic (4.6.4) the
captions are removed when sent by mail. This does not happen when set from my desktop Mac pro with snow leopard OS (10.6.4).
Any ideas?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Metadata removed in mac mail
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 11:13:12 AM »
Mark,

When I send pictures from my macbook pro with mac system leopard 10.5.8 which are captioned in photo mechanic (4.6.4) the
captions are removed when sent by mail. This does not happen when set from my desktop Mac pro with snow leopard OS (10.6.4).
Any ideas?

Perhaps comparing the settings in the Send Photos via email dialog on the two systems will help you find out what setting is causing the problem.  Do you have the 'Preserve EXIF where possible' checkbox set on your MacBook Pro?

-Kirk

Offline mark allan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 08:52:30 AM »
The most recent pic I've emailed now has a caption but has been reduced from an 8 mg .jpg to a 3 mg .jpg!
Before that it was removing caption and reducing the size (I hadn't noticed the size reduction yesterday)
Mark

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 08:58:55 AM »
Mark,

The most recent pic I've emailed now has a caption but has been reduced from an 8 mg .jpg to a 3 mg .jpg!
Before that it was removing caption and reducing the size (I hadn't noticed the size reduction yesterday)

The size of the image will depend on the JPEG Quality settings you've chosen, and the scaled size of the final image.

-Kirk