Author Topic: Autoplay  (Read 2452 times)

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
Autoplay
« on: August 17, 2010, 01:15:18 PM »
This probably is nothing to do with PM, but I wonder whether someone here might be able to help anyways.  I just rebuilt my system, and re-installed PM 4.6.5.

Previously, when I inserted a memory card, Vista's "autoplay" dialog would pop up and I'd select Ingest using PM.

Now, when I select that option, I get the attached further dialog, rather than have the PM Ingest dialog open up as it used to.

Any ideas how to get back the autoplay functionality?  It's not really a file I'm trying to open, so I'm not sure how file associations would really be relevant here.

Thanks,

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
Re: Autoplay
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 04:58:08 PM »
Any ideas?  Could this be a PM issue?  When I click on one of the other autplay options (e.g. ingest with expression media), it works fine.  It's just the PM option that doesn't work.

Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 06:06:35 PM »
Mike,

Any ideas?  Could this be a PM issue?  When I click on one of the other autplay options (e.g. ingest with expression media), it works fine.  It's just the PM option that doesn't work.

Is your system a 64-bit system?  If so, the AutoPlay functionality for PM does not work on 64-bit systems.

-Kirk

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 07:44:17 AM »
It's 32 bit, Vista Ultimate SP2.

Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 08:47:46 AM »
Mike,

It's 32 bit, Vista Ultimate SP2.

OK.  AutoPlay is a finicky thing.  Microsoft have even created Wizards to try and fix AutoPlay issues.

I'd recommend reinstalling PM (don't uninstall first) and see if that helps.  If it doesn't, then contact support@camerabits.com and they should be able to help you if you provide your call back number.

-Kirk