Author Topic: Watermark  (Read 8492 times)

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
Watermark
« on: August 22, 2010, 10:44:24 AM »
Mac OS 10.6.4 PM 4.6.4
I would like to apply a watermark in PM to full size jpegs (10+MB files) and save the watermarked files to a folder on my hard drive. How can this be done? Thanks for your help, Richard

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Watermark
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 07:25:14 PM »
Richard,

Mac OS 10.6.4 PM 4.6.4
I would like to apply a watermark in PM to full size jpegs (10+MB files) and save the watermarked files to a folder on my hard drive. How can this be done?

Use the Save As dialog (File->Save Photos as...) and choose to apply your desired Watermark.  Choose one of the first three folder options for automated folder creation, or choose the last option to always have Save As prompt you for the destination folder.

-Kirk

Offline vincenthenri

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 06:23:06 AM »
Hi Kirk
I have tried to apply watermarks to selected images by choosing "save as" (remembered the watermark checkbox and tried different options in the watermarking-menu) choosing filesize and destination, but no watermark appears on the new resized photos.
T've also tryed to do the same in the exporter-html-editor with same result: no watermark!

Any solution? Thanks, Vincent. Mac OS X 10.6.4, PM 4.6.6

Offline heavymeister

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 06:48:31 AM »
Hi Kirk
I have tried to apply watermarks to selected images by choosing "save as" (remembered the watermark checkbox and tried different options in the watermarking-menu) choosing filesize and destination, but no watermark appears on the new resized photos.
T've also tryed to do the same in the exporter-html-editor with same result: no watermark!

What kind of watermark are you trying to apply? "Draw Text" or "Image Logo" or both?

HM

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 07:23:14 AM »

How opaque/transparent are you making your watermark?  Please post a JPEG screenshot of your Watermarking settings dialog so we can see what is going on.  Use the 'Additional Options...' link while you're composing your reply and it will allow you to upload JPEG images.

-Kirk

Offline vincenthenri

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 07:59:55 AM »
It's Draw Text (see posted screenshot)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 08:02:43 AM »
Vincent,

It's Draw Text (see posted screenshot)

Try setting the opacity all the way up.  Just as a test since I'm sure you won't want it that solid, but it should eliminate any transparency issues.

Let me know how it works then.

-Kirk

Offline vincenthenri

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 08:28:08 AM »
Kirk,
Just tried with full opacity, but still no "Draw-text" watermark. It works fine with a Image logo!
/Vincent

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 08:52:24 AM »
Vincent,

Just tried with full opacity, but still no "Draw-text" watermark. It works fine with a Image logo!

Click inside the text area (that shows the styled text) and select all of the text.  Set the font to some common font like Times and set color there to white.

Let me know how that goes.

-Kirk

Offline vincenthenri

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 05:03:49 AM »
Kirk,
Still not working :'(
Several month ago, (janurary 2010) I wrote to you with the same problem. I then succeeded once (!) making Draw-text watermarks by copy/pasting the text into the field that shows the styled text. But only once. After this once, it did not work any more?!. Then I abandoned the issue and have resumed it again because it's a feature I like to use. But will now use the Image Logo Watermarking.
/Vincent

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 07:03:35 AM »
Vincent,

Several month ago, (janurary 2010) I wrote to you with the same problem. I then succeeded once (!) making Draw-text watermarks by copy/pasting the text into the field that shows the styled text. But only once. After this once, it did not work any more?!. Then I abandoned the issue and have resumed it again because it's a feature I like to use. But will now use the Image Logo Watermarking.

Yes, now I remember.  Your machine has something 'special' about it in this regard.  I have no idea why the text rendering routines don't work on your system.  As I recall, there were no errors, but no output either from the font rendering routines that the OS provides (and PM relies on to do the work.)

I was unable to come up with a workaround or a solution for you.

-Kirk