Author Topic: uploading photos to SmugMug website  (Read 1893 times)

Offline gdpaige

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
uploading photos to SmugMug website
« on: August 22, 2010, 11:53:56 AM »
I am new to this and find the help file quite limited in guiding how to upload files to a website. Smugmug is listed in passing, but there is no detail as to what is required in the various settings, perhaps with a useful example. Am I missing something out there, or is there an example you can provide to ease this process? I see there are some posts on the subject, but these are related to problems/glitches along the way using earlier versions of PM--I am using the current one.
thanks for any help
Gary

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: uploading photos to SmugMug website
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 07:29:26 PM »
Gary,

I am new to this and find the help file quite limited in guiding how to upload files to a website. Smugmug is listed in passing, but there is no detail as to what is required in the various settings, perhaps with a useful example. Am I missing something out there, or is there an example you can provide to ease this process? I see there are some posts on the subject, but these are related to problems/glitches along the way using earlier versions of PM--I am using the current one.

All of the Uploader templates are fairly similar to the FTP template which is documented in detail in the manual.  The settings that differ are fairly straightforward and are specific to SmugMug conventions.  I don't have any example for you but basically you select some photos, open the Uploader dialog, choose SmugMug, create a 'Connection Setting' (where you enter your account settings) and then choose your destination gallery (or create one if you want a new one).  The rest of the settings are pretty much identical to the FTP template.

HTH,

-Kirk