Author Topic: CD/DVD Burning on PC  (Read 6292 times)

Offline AricB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
CD/DVD Burning on PC
« on: May 02, 2006, 02:29:06 PM »
I tried burning 158 images to a CD. Before burning it prompts that I will need 6 CD's. After burning the first it says I have 130 images to burn. When I insert another CD and press burn I get a run time error.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: CD/DVD Burning on PC
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 02:36:59 PM »
I tried burning 158 images to a CD. Before burning it prompts that I will need 6 CD's. After burning the first it says I have 130 images to burn. When I insert another CD and press burn I get a run time error.

Can I get your phone number so I can ask you some questions about the problem you are having?  Please send me a Private Message with your contact information.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline chrismoseley

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 04:04:09 PM »
I'm having a similar problem when I try to burn DVDs using Win XP and the most recent version of PM (i just received the new CD last week in the mail). I tried to burn a DVD with folder of images totaling 6GB. PM said it would take two DVDs. It burned one and ejected it. I put another one in and nothing happened. Any ideas?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 08:26:11 PM »
I'm having a similar problem when I try to burn DVDs using Win XP and the most recent version of PM (i just received the new CD last week in the mail). I tried to burn a DVD with folder of images totaling 6GB. PM said it would take two DVDs. It burned one and ejected it. I put another one in and nothing happened. Any ideas?

Please try the 4.5.1 beta available in the Announcements section.  I made more than one fix to the CD/DVD burning code since the 4.5.0 release.

-Kirk

Offline glk5406

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 08:03:07 PM »
I am having the same problem.  It burns the first disc just fine and then the run-time error appears. 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 09:17:14 PM »
I am having the same problem.  It burns the first disc just fine and then the run-time error appears. 

Can you tell me anything about the files you are burning that would help me reproduce this problem?  I can burn one disc after another with no issues on any of our systems.

-Kirk

Offline glk5406

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 03:36:03 AM »
I am having the same problem.  I downloaded the latest version as suggested and I am still getting the first DVD burned correctly but then I get the runtime error when I put in the second DVD.  It also does the same when I try to burn CDs.

I am trying to burn full RAW files as back-up but it doesn't work either if I just try to burn jpgs.  I use a variety of cameras (second shooters use different models and makes to mine).

I am working on Windows XP with the beta version which is supposed to expire on August 10th.  I had a licensed version but the beta overwrote it when it installed.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 07:47:44 AM »
I am having the same problem.  I downloaded the latest version as suggested and I am still getting the first DVD burned correctly but then I get the runtime error when I put in the second DVD.  It also does the same when I try to burn CDs.

I am trying to burn full RAW files as back-up but it doesn't work either if I just try to burn jpgs.  I use a variety of cameras (second shooters use different models and makes to mine).

I am working on Windows XP with the beta version which is supposed to expire on August 10th.  I had a licensed version but the beta overwrote it when it installed.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I tried burning a multi-disc session and it worked fine again for me.  Would you be willing to try a special logging version for me?  With it, I can narrow down where the problem is happening and then fix it.

Thanks,

-Kirk