Author Topic: Minor Bug Report  (Read 1864 times)

Offline cjgunther

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Minor Bug Report
« on: August 24, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.5 and I run Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my Intel-based Mac.

This is only a minor bug but one to be aware of.

When doing a Move Photos, with delete files on, and the target directory is preset to a volume that is not presently mounted, PM appears to perform the move then deletes the files, despite not moving them to a mounted volume, thus loosing the files.

cj

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Minor Bug Report
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 02:17:02 PM »
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.5 and I run Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my Intel-based Mac.

This is only a minor bug but one to be aware of.

When doing a Move Photos, with delete files on, and the target directory is preset to a volume that is not presently mounted, PM appears to perform the move then deletes the files, despite not moving them to a mounted volume, thus loosing the files.

I'd say that's a major bug.  Can you post a screenshot of your Copy dialog's settings?  Use the 'Additional Options...' link while you're composing your response and from there you can upload a JPEG screen grab.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline jimb

• View Profile
Re: Minor Bug Report
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 02:18:15 PM »
I tried this on OS X 10.6.4 with PM 4.6.5 and don't see this problem. Rather an error message is displayed:
"There were errors during the copy operation."
The original files were not deleted. Maybe it's related to OS X 10.5.8.

And if this is really happening on your system, why would you consider this a "minor" bug if PM is deleting your files?