Author Topic: Mixed case XMP Sidecar files  (Read 2075 times)

Offline teamess

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Mixed case XMP Sidecar files
« on: August 26, 2010, 05:34:44 PM »
Hi,

Gotta admit to being a newbie on PM but even so the XMP files are really confusing me.  I am running PM 4.6.5 on an Intel Mac 10.6.4.  When I ingest raw files with a lowercase .cr2 extension a corresponding .xmp file is created with the IPTC Stationery pad data - all good. However, when I rate the images, it refuses to update the lowercase xmp file and creates another uppercase XMP sidecar.  Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong please?  Screen shot of Preferences attached.

Tom

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:36:50 PM by teamess »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Mixed case XMP Sidecar files
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 05:42:55 PM »
Tom,

Gotta admit to being a newbie on PM but even so the XMP files are really confusing me.  I am running PM 4.6.5 on an Intel Mac 10.6.4.  When I ingest raw files with a lowercase .cr2 extension a corresponding .xmp file is created with the IPTC Stationery pad data - all good. However, when I rate the images, it refuses to update the lowercase xmp file and creates another uppercase XMP sidecar.  Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong please?  Screen shot of Preferences attached.

Are you running a case-sensitive file system on your hard drive?

-Kirk

Offline teamess

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Mixed case XMP Sidecar files
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 11:21:34 AM »
Kirk,

Yes - you were correct.  It was an external drive formatted as NTFS.  I have reformatted and it works as expected now.

Thanks for the quick response.

Tom