Author Topic: to enhance the auto ingest feature  (Read 2298 times)

Offline cliveyhowes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
to enhance the auto ingest feature
« on: September 09, 2010, 06:51:28 AM »
I see that you are looking to introduce an auto ingest mechanism, so photographers don't have to hit return. Would it be possible, at the same time, to introduce an ingest system that will read the locked files (tagged in camera) take those files and automatically send those files to a predetermined FTP destination. This will enable the small agency or individual photographers to have a remote edit system like the large agencies do.

I believe the PM I am using has all the necessary functionality to compress the camera files and send to a predetermined FTP box. If the system could read the locked files on ingest and only send them, to an editor the other end. Using a the system like this would be a god send to those photographers either at a sporting event or a red carpet, enabling them to send a few images out very quickly with a small cpu connected via wireless card. i am thinking that the new year entertainment season would benefit greatly using this type of workflow.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: to enhance the auto ingest feature
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 04:07:35 PM »
The idea is definietly a good one for PM ingest. However for such wireless sending on the fly the camera manufacturer wireless options (I tested only Canon's but I bet Nikon's works similarly) don't even need PM or a computer for this. You just select in camera what to send and it's allready on the way to the server.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com