Author Topic: Problem uploading to Zenfolio  (Read 6494 times)

Offline tomsuarez

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Problem uploading to Zenfolio
« on: September 01, 2010, 01:50:02 PM »
  I am having a problem uploading to Zenfolio after upgrading computers to Windows 7 64 bit. When I select to upload to zenfolio it opens the upload window but just sits there saying opening connection. After a while you click on something in the box and it says photomechanic is not responding and needs to shut down. I also noticed when clicking inside a program to go to an external site via internet explorer it just sits there and says connecting but never does such as clicking on visit camera bits forum from inside of photomechanic. I am running windows 7 64 bit and verizon mcaffee security center. I have tried turning off firewall and opening all ports and nothing will work. Help.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problem uploading to Zenfolio
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 02:11:02 PM »
  I am having a problem uploading to Zenfolio after upgrading computers to Windows 7 64 bit. When I select to upload to zenfolio it opens the upload window but just sits there saying opening connection. After a while you click on something in the box and it says photomechanic is not responding and needs to shut down.

Sounds like something is incorrectly configured on your network.

Quote from: tomsuarez
I also noticed when clicking inside a program to go to an external site via internet explorer it just sits there and says connecting but never does such as clicking on visit camera bits forum from inside of photomechanic.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here.  PM does not have a web browser that can be directed to browse to a website.  PM does host a IE control for Google Maps but it isn't a generic browser that you can control.

Quote from: tomsuarez
I am running windows 7 64 bit and verizon mcaffee security center. I have tried turning off firewall and opening all ports and nothing will work. Help.

I'm not sure what to suggest, nor do I think this medium of communication would be suitable for helping you.  My suggestion would be for you to call our support folks directly: 503-547-2888

-Kirk

Offline tomsuarez

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 03:42:30 PM »
Hi Kirk, I talked to support several times in the past and they could not help an recommended I post here for help. However I just spoke to support again and we went through uninstalling and reinstalling again and checking all the settings and it is still doing the same thing.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 08:18:29 PM »
Tom,

Hi Kirk, I talked to support several times in the past and they could not help an recommended I post here for help. However I just spoke to support again and we went through uninstalling and reinstalling again and checking all the settings and it is still doing the same thing.

OK, I'll see what I can do.  Are you able to upload to Zenfolio if you use their uploader?

Can you also answer the questions I posted earlier to your original query?

-Kirk

Offline tomsuarez

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 11:41:59 AM »
Kirk, Yes I can upload to zenfolio using their uploader. What I was talking about earlier was when you click on help and visit forums from inside photomechanic it would open up a blank browser window with no address in it. I noticed this was also happening in other programs such as filezilla when clicking on the help button but it would say problem sending command to application and then open up an empty browser window. I have now inactivated internet explorer and it will no connect to the help files and forums inside all programs but still does not upload to zenfolio from inside photomechanic. I am now using firefox browser.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 12:08:26 PM »
Tom,

Kirk, Yes I can upload to zenfolio using their uploader. What I was talking about earlier was when you click on help and visit forums from inside photomechanic it would open up a blank browser window with no address in it. I noticed this was also happening in other programs such as filezilla when clicking on the help button but it would say problem sending command to application and then open up an empty browser window. I have now inactivated internet explorer and it will no connect to the help files and forums inside all programs but still does not upload to zenfolio from inside photomechanic. I am now using firefox browser.

Jerry sent me the output of a trace route on your system which indicates that there is a problem with your network.  Your ISP is who you should be contacting next.  Jerry told me that one of your systems works just fine with PM/Zenfolio and that it is this one system that isn't behaving.  I don't think PM is at fault in this case.  Something is misconfigured on your network settings.  Your ISP should be able to help you with this problem.

-Kirk