Author Topic: Favorites & Navigator panel  (Read 2882 times)

Offline olidie

• View Profile
Favorites & Navigator panel
« on: September 06, 2010, 02:00:35 AM »
Hi,

I recently installed Photo Mechanic on a netbook (Win 7 starter). Like I do on my desktop PC I stack the favorties and navigator panel. Somehow it happened that the two panels were in tabs meaning that navigator was on top and on the bottom of the panel there was a tab to swith to navigator. I really liked this solution but after restarting PM this nice feature was gone. I can't find a way to reproduce this. Does anyone know how to activate this again?

In an old post I read this:
* I like to keep the Favorites panel stacked under the Navigator panel.  Often when I minimize PM and then restore it, the Favorites panel is now next to the Navigator panel.  I find it very annoying.

This keeps happening to me all the time on my Win 7 Ultimate 64bit machine. Sometimes it even happens that the panels are stuck side by side without the chance of moving them.

Oliver

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Favorites & Navigator panel
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 07:18:54 AM »
Oliver,

I recently installed Photo Mechanic on a netbook (Win 7 starter). Like I do on my desktop PC I stack the favorties and navigator panel. Somehow it happened that the two panels were in tabs meaning that navigator was on top and on the bottom of the panel there was a tab to swith to navigator. I really liked this solution but after restarting PM this nice feature was gone. I can't find a way to reproduce this. Does anyone know how to activate this again?

In an old post I read this:
* I like to keep the Favorites panel stacked under the Navigator panel.  Often when I minimize PM and then restore it, the Favorites panel is now next to the Navigator panel.  I find it very annoying.

This keeps happening to me all the time on my Win 7 Ultimate 64bit machine. Sometimes it even happens that the panels are stuck side by side without the chance of moving them.

Holding down the Shift key while launching PM will reset the layout to the defaults.  As for how to get the two panels to be represented by tabs, you'll just have to drag one of the panels around until you see it take up the same space as the remaining panel and it should dock in tabbed mode.

-Kirk

Offline olidie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 08:35:11 AM »
Thanks Kirk! I am so happy with these tabs!

Regards
Oliver

Offline olidie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 02:20:21 PM »
The excitement was short-lived. Closing PM and reopening it, only one tab, the one on top, is left. The other one is closed. Tested on my netbook. I will try it on my desktop and post the result.

EDIT: Just tried it on my desktop. Same thing. Once I close PM and reopen only the top tab is left :-(

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 12:00:32 AM by olidie »